There are 40 million people in the U.S. alone who have insomnia. It’s no wonder that there are so many sleep aids in the market to try and address this problem and help improve sleep. The number of products to choose from can be overwhelming, but you can narrow it down to the ingredients you believe will help address your sleep problems.
One ingredient that is commonly used for reducing insomnia is hemp. Preliminary studies are showing that weed or hemp has a therapeutic effect that helps with insomnia. It is a natural sleep aid that can also address other problems, including anxieties, stress, sleep disorders, and depression.
If you’re interested in trying hemp products for insomnia, you can check out our roundup of some of the best weed for insomnia products.
1. Dr. Hemp Dream 99% Pure Hemp Isolate for Sleep and Anxiety
- The potent formulation helps you fall asleep faster
- THC free
- Sample packs available
- Lab-tested for safety and purity
- Vegan, non-GMO
2. VitaDreamz 300mg Hemp Extract Sleep Gummies
VitaDreamz is a mild, natural sleep blend made of hemp extract. It only contains 10mg per chewable tablet so that you can adjust your dosage according to your needs. It has natural sleep-inducing ingredients like melatonin, L-Theanine, GABA, 5-HTP, and chamomile for a safe and natural way to optimize sleep.
- Micro-dose formula for lesser side effects and easier dosage adjustment
- Great-tasting chewable product
- It contains no artificial flavors and sweeteners
- No bad side effects in the morning
- Gummy texture tends to soften if not stored properly
3. Green Roads Sweet Sleep CBD Oil
- Gluten-free and vegan friendly
- Contains no sugar
- Light, sweet blueberry flavor makes it easier to intake
- Laboratory tested for quality and purity
- Pricey for a 30ml bottle
4. Real Choice American Premium Hemp Gummies for Sleep and Stress
- Made from pure and organic ingredients
- Contains antioxidants
- Yummy gummy fruity flavor
- Texture can be too chewy and gummy for others
5. Xobo Hemp Gummies For Deep Sleep
- THC free
- Non-habit forming
- No adverse side effects
- Gummies can melt together when not stored at the proper temperature
6. Green Roads Sleepy Zs CBD Gummies
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Promotes natural sleep cycle
- Made from natural ingredients
- No artificial sugar
- Contains sugar
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are hemp-based products safe?
Hemp or the cannabis plant is generally a safe and natural ingredient used for medicinal and recreational purposes. When taken responsibly and bought at a trusted source, it is a safe and effective solution for insomnia, chronic pain, and anxiety.
Hemp-based products are safely being used for medicinal purposes in a regulated manner to relieve chronic pain, severe anxieties, severe stress, depression, and other disorders.
How long can I take these sleep aids for insomnia?
According to the Sleep Foundation, sleep aids are not to be taken for an extended period and should be administered for only a few days a week. This is to avoid developing any dependence and addiction to the product.
Sleep aids should be taken with precaution. For severe cases, seek advice from a medical professional before deciding to take them, especially if you’re also taking other maintenance medications.